Jul 24th, 2020
The ACEC Update for July 24, 2020:
Here are the registration links to the webinars announced on the show:
NextGen: Positioning Future Leaders Tuesday, July 28, 2020, at 1:30 pm ET
With more than 78 million baby boomers stepping away from the workforce in the next decade, it is imperative that firms prioritize their future. This includes not only identifying, but also developing the next generation of leaders. Success requires succession, but it isn’t always easy. The skills needed in the past may no longer be relevant for the future success of the firm. Join SN’s Director of Workforce Advisory as she leads participants through the best next steps to ensure their leadership of tomorrow is ready, willing, and able.
• How to align leadership skills with the trends that will happen in the future
• Effective techniques for identifying the next generation of leaders.
• Best practices for engaging legacy leaders in the development plan for future leaders.
• Critical steps you can take today to start the journey of transitioning leaders.
Diversity & Inclusion: HR Panel Discussion on Program Examples and Lessons Learned Wednesday, July 29, 2020, at 1:30 pm ET
Back to the Table - The 2nd Half M&A Outlook for Engineering Firms Thursday, July 30, 2020, at 1:30 pm ET 1.0 PDH
Despite the damaging impacts of the coronavirus to our economy and industry, engineering M&A activity finally appears ready to get off the sidelines. Buyers and sellers are reengaging in talks from earlier this year while others are ready to chart new paths in their organization’s growth or exit strategy plans.
But how are the nuances of successful deal-making different from the start of the year?
Join Steve Gido as he reflects on the current M&A environment, highlights trends in first-half activity, assesses the new challenges buyers and sellers are facing, and offers anecdotes to guide expectations for the rest of 2020.
• Explore if the coronavirus will accelerate industry consolidation
• Understand the motivations driving buyers and sellers today
• Examine the implications on valuations and transaction structures
• Discuss how due diligence and integration processes may evolve
For more information on the 2020 ACEC Coalitions Summer Education Series on August 6th and 7th, click here
The new ACEC legislative Action Alert urging Senate action on infrastructure can be found here